PEMF Therapy for Arthritis
What is Arthritis?
Arthritis is a joint inflammation which affects single or multiple joints. There are over 100 different forms of arthritis, with multiple causes and methods of treatment. Osteoarthritis (OA), and Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) are the most common forms of arthritis.
Arthritis symptoms typically develop over time but they also have the potential to occur unexpectedly as well. It has been most commonly seen in adults over the age of 65. It can also be found in kids, adolescents, and younger adults – but in few cases. Arthritis is more common in women than men, and especially in overweight people.
What are the symptoms of Arthritis?
The most common symptoms of arthritis include stiffness, joint pain, and swelling. Also, range of motion may reduce, and you may experience skin redness around the joint. Most individuals with arthritis notice their symptoms getting worse in the morning.
In the case of rheumatoid arthritis, you may experience a loss of appetite or feel tired because of the inflammation, caused by the activity of the immune system. You may also become anemic — meaning low red blood cell count — or have a slight fever. If left untreated, serious RA can cause joint deformity.
What causes Arthritis?
Cartilage is a flexible and firm connective tissue in your joints. It shields the joints by absorbing the shock and pressure created as a result of their movement. Some types of arthritis are caused by a reduction in the normal amount of this cartilage tissue.
Osteoarthritis (OA) is one of the most common types of arthritis, which is caused by normal wear and tear. A joint infection or injury may worsen the natural cartilage tissue breakdown. If you have a family history of the disease, your risk of developing OA may be higher.
Autoimmune disorder is another common form of arthritis, RA. It is developed when the immune system attacks the body's tissues. These outbreaks impact the synovium, a soft tissue that produces a fluid that nourishes the cartilage and lubricates the joints.
RA is a synovium disease that kills joint after entering in the body. It may eventually cause both bone and cartilage destruction inside the joint.
The exact cause of the attacks of immune system is unknown. But scientists have discovered genetic markers which fivefold increase your risk of developing RA.
How is Arthritis treated?
One of the most effective ways of treating arthritis is using PEMF device. PEMF arthritis therapy has been shown to soothe pain and promote healing. Using Pulsed Electro Magnetic Field therapy daily cures all bone health problems like arthritis, osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis (RA), and many other orthopedic disorders.
PEMF therapy for arthritis has been extensively researched for more than 2 decades. To understand the effects of this wellness and rehabilitation therapy, let's have a look at some of the PEMF arthritis research.
PEMF therapy is beneficial for arthritis because of the ability to reduce pain and increase joint mobility. The Arthritis Foundation's Guide to Alternative Therapies focuses on two studies that show the advantages of knee osteoarthritis (OA) with PEMFs.
In 1993, another research occurred at Yale University - a placebo-controlled pilot, double blind study including 27 persons with knee OA. It presented that those who received 18-half-hour treatments had an average improvement of 23 to 61% in discomfort, joint tenderness and pain. The placebo group receiving fake treatments only had an improvement of two to 18 percent. In 1999, another study took place with 167 patients with OA of the cervical spine or knee showed significant improvements.
Evidence of effectiveness of PEMF for arthritis
- "The studies provided evidence that PEMF stimulation enhanced engineered cartilage growth and repair, demonstrating a potential low-cost, low-risk, non-invasive treatment modality for expediting early cartilage repair."
- "Pulsed electromagnetic field (PEMF) has been used for the treatment of non-union for more than 40 years. PEMF could promote bone formation at tissue, cell and subcellular levels. Furthermore, our study showed that PEMF had bactericidal effect."
- "The exposure system has been validated through adipose-derived stem cell viability studies with an exposure frequency of 5 Hz and an intensity of 1.1 mT, for a duration of seven days at 30 minutes per day. Under the specific field characteristics chosen, the fatty-tissue derived stem cell proliferation was not hindered and in fact was stimulated $( 0.025 < P <0.01)$ by the PEMF exposure."
- “After the second 3 weeks, during which both groups used active units, there were significant improvements in observed scores for pain and range of movement in both groups. PEMT, in the form described, can be used at home easily in the treatment of patients with neck pain. It is frequently successful and without side effects.”
- "Considering that in our experiments repetitive short-term exposures to ELF-PEMF effectively decreased ROS levels by upregulation of antioxidant enzymes, ELF-PEMF exposure might represent an interesting adjunct to conventional therapy supporting bone formation under oxidative stress conditions, e.g. during fracture healing."
- So, in sum, it may well be the case that by PEMF treatment of inflamed areas e.g. in osteoarthritis may switch the cells to a healthier state. In this regard, new additional studies would be desirable also observing in vitro and vivo the resting potential of the stressed cells during and after PEMF.
- “The inhibitory effect of PEMF treatment on acute inflammatory cytokine expression in IVD cells may underlie its use as a potential therapy for disc degeneration‐associated with inflammation and low back pain.”
- "PEMF stimulation of 1 h per day for 8 weeks provided faster recovery of load-bearing, a significant increase in new bone formation, and a higher mechanical strength of the healing mid-tibial osteotomy."
- Use of organic sulphur, antioxidants, and amino acids in conjunction with exercise and electromagnetic stimulation to treat osteoporosis
"Through the use of a combination of naturally occurring substances, application of mechanical energy by way of exercise, and application of a pulsed electromagnetic field (PEMF), new bone formation at lines of stress can be promoted."
Sentient Element is the perfect and ideal PEMF machine
The effects of Effective Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy depend very much on the time, frequency, and waveform. Sentient Element’s PEMF devices offer the broadband (more penetrative) waveforms and frequencies that are most flexible and well researched. Sentient Element’s PEMF can be the most important tool in the clinic of a bone health professional and in the home for anyone who wants to improve their cartilage, bone, and joint wellness.
The Sentient Element is one of the most powerful, best and affordable PEMF devices on the market that help you choose from long, low-intensity sessions to short, deep penetrating high-intensity sessions