Larry Langdon
/ Categories: Lyme Disease

How Long Does It Take for Mold to Affect Your Health?

Black mould is responsible for a slew of health issues. It's difficult to predict how long it will take for a person to feel the consequences of black mould exposure. Some symptoms and diseases appear right away, while others take a few days to appear, and still others can take years to manifest into a serious health problem.

 

Reactions That Occur Immediately

If you have inhaled black mould spores, you will notice an itchy nose and throat. Coughing and releasing mucous are generally followed by a headache, irritated eyes, and coughing.

Reactions on the Skin

After being exposed to black mould, some people get a rash or hives, as well as itching and burning of the skin. This cutaneous reaction can occur within minutes or up to 24 hours following exposure.

Effects That last

Depending on the period of exposure and the number of spores breathed, headaches, coughing, and other acute symptoms can last for many days. As a result, while there is an immediate response, these effects can last for days or weeks following the exposure.

Nausea and Severe Headache are common. A black mould allergy can cause blinding headaches that are similar to migraines, as well as nausea. Such symptoms can appear right away or after only a few hours of exposure. Many families discover that their homes have a black mould problem in this way.

More Serious Consequences

After exposure to black mould, lung and respiratory issues develop over time and, of course, worsen with repeated or continuous exposure. Many of the negative effects of long-term exposure to black mould include eye and vision damage, fatigue and listlessness, and a loss of appetite. Black mould is suspected to be linked to the start of cancer in some cases.

 

Signs And Symptoms That Mold In Growing In The Body

The signs and symptoms are categorised into the following:

  • Early Symptoms
  • Advanced Symptoms
  • Severe Symptoms

Mold is a fungus that can enter and thrive in your body. Mold can induce allergic reactions in some people, but not in others. As a result, there is no single set of symptoms that indicate mould exposure. Mold gets into your body through your eyes, nose, and mouth, causing damage to your lungs, brain, skin, and other organs. 2. The intensity of symptoms is determined by the amount of mould present, the length of exposure, and the severity of the allergic reaction.  If you think you've been exposed to mould, have your doctor do lab testing to see if mould is present in your body.

Early Signs and Symptoms

You may have a cousin who has mould in her home, or you may have recently started a new work and noticed that you have a runny nose every time you go into the office 2. Mold exposure symptoms like these are usually modest at first. This could be due to low mould levels or the fact that you haven't been exposed to it for a long time. At this stage, the symptoms resemble those of hay fever, such as sneezing, watery eyes, and headache. It's possible that your skin and eyes are irritated and itchy.

Advanced Signs and Symptoms

When you are exposed to mould for an extended length of time, your symptoms may worsen. For some, this could take months, while for others, it could take years to acquire these symptoms. Asthma, chronic bronchitis, and sinus infections are common respiratory issues. Mold wreaks havoc on your brain, causing short-term memory loss and neurological problems. Extreme weariness, a low-grade temperature, swollen glands, and muscular and joint aches are all possible symptoms.

Mold can impair your cognitive processes, producing short-term memory loss and neurological issues, especially if you are exposed to it for an extended length of time.

Severe Signs and Symptoms

Those who are exposed to high quantities of mould for an extended length of time often experience severe symptoms as a result. A person who lived in a mold-infested house or flat for several years would most certainly experience severe symptoms. Mold can often only be removed by entirely replacing infected walls, insulation, and ceilings. Because this is costly, many landlords are reticent to do so; homeowners' insurance companies may be hesitant to pay claims for these critical repairs. As a result, humans may wind up breathing excessive quantities of mould and developing serious symptoms like blindness, brain damage, long-term memory loss, and cancer.

Previous Article Connection Between Chronic Lyme Disease and Mold Illness
Next Article Symptoms And Signs of Mold Exposure
294