How to Make Rose Oil at Home
You will need:
1. Bring a few inches of water to boil in a pan. As soon as it boils, remove from heat.
2. Crush or shred a cup of fresh rose petals and place in a quart sized mason jar.
3. Cover with one cup of oil. Swirl the oil around to cover the rose petals, but do not shake.
4. Cover the jar and place it in the pan of hot water. Make sure the pan is not on the heat source. You want to use the heat from the water and not from the stove.
5. Let the jar sit for 24 hours in a warm place. I just left mine on the counter. You just don't want it in a very cool place like in front of the AC.
6. Line a colander with cheesecloth. Pour the rose oil through the cheesecloth. Pour the rose oil through the cheesecloth.
7. Grab the edges of the cheesecloth and make a ball.
8. Press the oil out with a spoon. Discard the petals.
9. Pour the oil in to a jar or other container. You can use it as a body oil after bathing, or you can use it in recipes.
Currently rated by 0 people